Phase Two: Design & Development
During the design phase of the DezignDen startup kit, the following activities take place:
- Requirements Gathering: DezignDen developers work closely with stakeholders to understand and gather the functional and non-functional requirements of the program.
- System Design: DezignDen developers create a system design that outlines the overall architecture, structure, and components of the program, including data models, user interfaces, algorithms, and system integration points.
- UI/UX Design: DezignDen’s UI and UX designers collaborate to create visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces, considering usability principles, information architecture, visual design, and interaction patterns.
- Prototyping: In some cases, DezignDen developers create prototypes or mockups to validate design concepts and gather feedback from stakeholders or potential users.
During the development phase of the DezignDen startup kit, the following activities occur:
- Coding and Development: DezignDen developers write the code, following design specifications and best practices. They implement the functionality, integrate external services or APIs, and handle data processing and storage.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Dedicated testers perform various testing techniques to ensure the program functions correctly, meets requirements, and is free from defects or bugs. Quality assurance activities focus on standards compliance, usability, performance, and security.
- Iterative Development: The development stage often involves an iterative process, where feedback from testing and stakeholders is incorporated to improve the design and functionality incrementally.
- Documentation: Throughout the process, DezignDen creates documentation, including technical specifications, code comments, user manuals, and system documentation, to facilitate maintenance, support, and knowledge transfer.